View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 10:59 AM

Default Re: album commentaries..

I listened to these recently as well, plus the AIFST and DVD Anthology commentaries, and it's kind of interesting hearing some inconsistencies compared to the stories Adam and Mike have told more recently. But mostly just getting even more detail and context, and as you mentioned hearing Yauch weigh in.

An example is that Adrock starts to talk about Yauch using a pilot helmet to record A Year and a Day, then MCA tells him he didn't actually do that. He says he bought the helmet but couldn't get the mic working. But then 10+ years later, the pilot helmet story is in the book and movie.

Starting around the time of The Sounds of Science, we actually got quite a lot of info from the boys about their history and process and all that. All directly from the band on their own terms. Pretty cool in retrospect.

The Echo Chamber Hello Nasty retrospective was really cool too, hearing Mario C and MMM give their recollections on that era.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Last edited by balohna : 08-14-2020 at 11:03 AM.