View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Record Store Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyOHSnaps! View Post
I will, but in a little while. I got to run.

Oh there is also a script of FFYRR and a list of all the actors and their characters

Here is the Yauch opening.

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT REVISITED:

The original idea for the video was based on the question, what happened after the party in the original Fight For Your Right video? As I started writing it, I had the crazy idea of having some of my favorite actors playing all of the roles which became the prominent character of the overall piece.

One thing became clear as I started reaching out to cast people, they were up for being in a Beastie Boys video. So the cast started coming together pretty easily and quickly. As the cast list grew I thought , I can't have all of these amazing actors on set and not have dialog for them.

So I started writing scenes. The idea was that the song would pause and dialog would happen, then it would start up again. Most of the time when you make music videos the song is king and you bend the footage to fit the song, speeding it up, slowing it down... in this case I was determined to have the footage rule the show, and bend the music to fit the storyline.

The actors showed up for the fitting the day before shooting and I handed them my script, part of me cringing thinking "oh my god is this going to work?" and the actors would look at me and say " you want me to learn this for tomorrow?" and I'd meekly say " um, yes"...

Over the course of the next three days of shooting, a constant stream of people came through and touched the project in their own unique way. It was amazing to be involved with making this video/short, so much so, I am not sure if I can convey how grateful I am to all of the cast an crew for their hard . But most of all I want to send back tons of love to my daughter Losel and wife Dechen for all of the support and love they show me all of the time.
I love you guys more than you can ever know.

Let this book be dedicated to anyone who gets enjoyment out of it.
May it and the video bring the same laughter and happiness to you that it did for us making it.

Wednesday August 10th 2011 NYC.

Adam Yauch