Thread: biking
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Monkey News

Default Re: biking

I bashed the fuck out of my knee, broke a rib or two, and got road/dirt rash all over my knees and elbows and somehow my fucking armpit. couldn't bend my knee for like a week. totally swollen and sore. couldn't laugh or sneeze or cough or breath deep for like three weeks without feeling like my ribs were going to crack. my ribs still hurt.

this crash was probably the worst crash I've ever had.

I don't even know what happened. all of a sudden I noticed I've was bailing hard straight into the dirt right before a foot bridge down this sweeping banked turn. tumbling like crazy. good thing I decided to start wearing a helmet this year.... felt my head bouncing off various roots and rocks. when I finally came to a stop I was splayed out half on the bridge and half in the muck. thought I broke my knee cap because I had this deep gash on my knee and it looked like my knee cap was split in two and my leg locked up immediately. the shock must have triggered bad muscle spasms. realized I was somewhat ok dusted myself off and continued on. I must have being going about 20mph.

asked a couple the young girl lifeguards at the swimming hole at the start park I was in if there was any running water nearby so I could clean my wounds out. I must have freaked them out. I was covered in dirt and blood. they were just looking at me all like.... uhhhhhhh.

all in all a good ride that day...