View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Solid Gold Hits - Did B-Boys Have Any Say?

Wow, that's really interesting. I never thought about how SGH tied into the whole AIFST thing. That makes sense though. It always seemed to me like Capitol wanted it to happen, but then the Boys got a hold of it like Kid Presentable said. The horrible early-days photo, the hype sticker that said something like "guaranteed to put the nuts in your fruitcake." Kind of seemed like they were trying to make it as sarcastic as possible, which seems about right.

The Sounds of Science always really confused me as well. I remember when it came out I thought it was a sign that they were retiring soon, then that didn't happen. Then like Brass Monk said, I started realizing that the anthology was mostly hits and really weird shit, but very few high-quality b-sides. Car Thief, Sounds of Science, Professor Booty, Futterman's Rule, etc. None of them were on the anthology, but Country Mike shows up twice. I still think it's cool, but I hardly even listen to it since it doesn't have so many of my favorite and is missing tracks from Five Boroughs, Mix Up, and HSC.