View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 11:32 PM
W58St & Beastie Boys Blvd

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

One of the best moments of my life was when I met Adam Yauch. This was after I was one of the camera operators for "Awesome....". I went to the Oscilloscope Laboritories loft and did a brief interview about the experience of being a camera operator for the Beastie Boys.

After the interview I waited in the kitchen area of the loft and right behind me Adam came out from his office and asked me how it went. I was in such amazement to see one of the people I've always looked up since a kid that all I could say at that moment was that I was seeing spots from the overhead light in the interview room. This is typical me, so I was able to be myself in a nervous way. I then thanked him for the opportunity and told hime I appreciated it. He replied with a "you're welcome" and was so kind. I wanted to explain my love of the Beastie Boys since a kid, take a picture with him, and tell him how much this group has meant to me but all I could do was say "thank you" and let the silence take over.

I am so heartbroken by all of this. I really hope that his wife, daughter, parents, family, friends, and fans can all find peace in the one thing that we all share; which is the love we have for this incredible person.

aka Shadrock since 1997

Where's my sando?