View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 04:06 PM

Default Re: DR DRE Interview

I was a fan of Dre from the Original Concept album. We rocked with that album and partied with it. I still have the t-shirt somewhere....But listening to that record now, it doesn't age as well as other classics of that time. I think we just really liked the spirit of it. But it's clearly a notch below other records done by Beasties, PE, De La, BDP, etc. But yeah, it was fun at the time....

I didn't really watch him on Yo! that much, I was always busy with school, work, partying. I remember seeing him and Ed and being like, "Oh those dudes from O.C., I love these guys." Lots of subliminal weed references and joking around. (I smoked a lot of grass back then). T-Money would make appearances as well. What about Rapper G? Did he ever show up on set?

That said, he does come off insecure in this interview. It's kind of sad to be honest. He keeps big-upping himself, and it's like, dude, it's not like you're Chuck D or somebody, take it easy. I mean he was great on Yo!, funny and entertaining, I'm not here to rip on the guy, but he just sounds kind of desperate in this. I guess he just really wants to sell the book?