View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 02:41 PM
lit

Default Re: music and emotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by enree erzweglle
This is something I've thought a lot about recently and it's the second time in as many days when I was that close to starting a thread about something only to (happily) find that someone else did before me.

I was thinking about this the other day, how I can listen to particular songs and I feel myself walking right back into my past, to a period in my life, right into a specific mood.

I can choreograph long arrays of experiences and emotions to particular pieces, particular songs, and then listen to that and relive all of every single thing that I was feeling. Watching it doesn't have as deep an effect. But listening does.

Even if it happened years ago and I'd long since forgotten the experiences/tastes of it otherwise, the sounds bring it right back into conscious thought.

I would be much...slower without music. I don't know how to describe it otherwise. Music helps to accelerate my thoughts and feelings--or rather, my understanding of both. I'd just be on a quiet, unsettled autopilot without it--I'd struggle a lot more with hearing and then quieting my thoughts.

I'm so glad you posted this thread. These thoughts have been scrambling through my head for the last few days and it's nice to put them here, where no one is reading.
dude! its great to hear that this is something thats been on your mind recently...anyways, yea, that taking you back to the past with certain songs, its like watching your own movie, right? i could totally sit back and stare at the ceiling and do that for hours, i get lost in it too much sometimes though, hehe, dont we all. or creating scenes with the emotions you get as well.

you know, sometimes music affects me too much and im all emotional in the middle of the day (why does night seem more "appropiate" to get emotional?), its like i have to change the fkin station or change the cd, its hilarious but intriguing.

so music organizes your thoughts? id say its pretty much opposite for me. it overwhelms and distracts me too much maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickill
i enjoy driving my compound of electropositive elements
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzzolese
But where do they belong anyway?
my imaginary friend thinks you have serious problems