View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 12:26 PM
MCL with a story to tell

Default Re: New Colored Vinyl Reissues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
I forgot to mention that the 20% off everything in the store and free shipping promo that was on the site required a promo code which was "BEASTIE4TH". Since I'd already bought the US reissues, I chose the EU store. I added 2 copies of all four reissues to my cart, proceeded to checkout, entered the code, and it wasn't valid.

All of that leads me to believe that King's Road has a plan to drop the price on a promotion on the 4th, it somehow hit the site early when it shouldn't have been visible, corrected the mistake, and called it a day. They can run their store any way they want. Nonetheless, how do any of us feel about being counted on to snatch it up on day one only to find out it'll cost less later? Not that it will cost less because sales to the hard core collectors lag, but that there is a plan to discount shit once you've milked the core fan base.
Not defending King’s Road in any way but I know they were running a 4th of July promotion last month with that code so maybe it was accidentally still active and now the code has been removed? Tried using it on the EU site in July and it didn’t work then either.