View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 02:28 PM
Music est. 1986

Default Re: Question: The Mix Up pressings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
I also got a green vinyl Ill Communication from that sale. The Ill Com had this little, round silver sticker so you could tell it was the green vinyl
I picked this up too, the Green Vinyl is a Canadian pressing which I ironically bought from Japan off discogs. Go figure.

The qualification for my collection is rarities, original pressings, audio quality, different picture or sleeves, promos and size ie. 10" or 12"

So instead of having 5 different copies of Paul's Boutique I just have one.

Example I went for sound and opted for the 2019 purple vinyl reissue of Paul's Boutique with the remastered tracks and flipped my double vinyl 8 panel Grand Royal 98 re-issue.

Went for rarity and flipped my regular 94 pressing of ill communication for the green vinyl.

OG pressing of LTI has since replaced my Dej Jam 2000 reissue (but I wonder if the reissue had a better sound quality).

And once I get my hands on original Red Country Mike pressing, my place holding 2003 bootleg copy is leaving the line up.

On the audio quality and rarity subject I think about buying all the 2009 reissue box sets.