View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Proud to be a Weiner!

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Can't believe it's a whole week since he passed and I still cut up. I don't usually post much on these boards but I always check in regularly to catch up with what you other users are thinking and saying. This week it has certainly helped.

There has been no other place to find solace than here, where it feels like everyone is going through this together. I don't think anyone I know gets the grief I'm feeling.
I've spent all my adult life listening to the Beastie Boys, looking out for news of the next release or a possible tour, and to know it's not going to happen has been difficult to deal with.
I haven't been able to play the CDs that have been sat in my car since I bought it five years ago, the Beastie Boys music always cheered me up on my journey to work, and this week has been so weird in that I haven't wanted to hear them.

I can't even begin to imagine what his friends and family are going through, my deepest sympathies to them.
I'll never forget Yauch and the impact he's had on me will stay with me forever.