Thread: MCA Tributes
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 04:10 AM
on the grid

Default Re: MCA Tributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPacMan View Post

...IMO they fucken nailed it. Didn’t attempt to replicate/mimic the original (impossible feat); just stuck to their own style. I thought it worked.
( vs on YouTube would suggest I’m not alone.)

Also – the rounded Australia pronunciation of “can’t”……. @ 1:46 ie……..“you cahrn’t front on THAT”………....….made me grin. <3
Haha, agreed! Thanks for sharing

so maybe a lot of you guys have seen this now but i just found and watched it for the first time yesterday - awesome tribute video to MCA —

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBVGo...ure=plpp_video

and also, check out this new video of this guy, pretty distinct style from the Beasties, but he's singing at a lot of different spots in NYC, including a couple of the new MCA murals - check 1:50 and 3:02 for starters also the Confucius statue in Chinatown and happy dancing kids at 3:45 - there's a line or two in here that remind me of "why do politicians always want to fight?" from "we got the" from to the 5 boroughs

also i think Yauch and the guys would like the statue of Gandhi from Union Square Park in NYC (1:38)

interesting stuff

there's something coming to the surface // there's fire all around.. some day.. we shall..