View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:29 AM
utter nonsense.

Default Re: Anybody watch the Bill Nye, Ken Ham creationist debate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
it bugs me that we're expected to give equal weight between A) a scientific theory of evolution backed by evidence and B) a single religion's creation myth

such balls on that single religion! if you're going to "teach the controversy" then surely every creation myth should be involved? if i had any means to do so, i'd like to get invited to an "evolution vs. creation" debate on the side of creation and just advocate for the hindu creation myth while not every acknowledging that christianity or any other religion has a story of their own.

richard dawkins is kind of a douche, but he does have that one quote that's pretty spot on here: “We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”
I agree with your points. I think the lack of other perspectives is probably just because this was specifically an invitation from Ham to Nye to discuss whether his version of the creation myth was scientifically tenable. Nye ably showed that it was not.

reality is a shit of a thing