View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 PM
not punk enough

Lightbulb Re: UK Queens Jubilee

I try to keep up with politics, enjoy a debate, but republicans to me come across as wasting time.

I get the arguments, they are sane but the whole process will be a bigger money sync that the country can afford right now and then you have the mammoth task of getting people out to vote for it.

I've done some campaigning for the green party before and although people on the doorstep say "yeah this should be changed blah blah blah..." the amount of people who came out and vote is often less than 25%. If we can't get people in polling stations for local and general elections then we sure won't get them into polling stations for a head of state.

I know this sounds like apathy and it is. But until the UK are regularly pushing 80% of voters voting, this is a non-issue for me. I forget who else is big on this issue on the board but I also killed a thread asking how do we get people to vote for this when they won't for locally elected officials?

And right now, why do we need a voted in cemorial post? We have X-Factor et al for shit like that. Let it be, at least it brings in the American tourists.