Thread: Sabotage Usage
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 09:53 AM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Default Re: Sabotage Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
But Yauch played games. If all three (Dechen, Mike, Adam) signed off then I guess that's that. We don't know the conditions of approval.
I don't see Yauch playing games as a reason for doing anything. He also ate food, wore clothes, and traveled. If a song appeared in ad for pizza, sneakers, or uber I think it would raise some eyebrows going back to his request in his will. The only difference I see in terms or using beastie boys music between monster or Goldie or destiny is that destiny sought out the rights to use the music in their product ad where as the others simply tried using fair use or some loophole.

You're right that we don't know the conditions of THEIR(the band and his wife) approval but we do Know Yauch's request that his music not be used for advertising. That we do know.

They're allowed to do whatever they want, my whole thing is that there's always going to be questions raised when the band's music appears in commercials especially after Yauch's will made headlines after his death for not allowing his music in advertising