View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 12:38 PM
Music est. 1986

Default Re: Question: The Mix Up pressings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Hmmm, interesting. I just bought a new copy from Amazon (I'd love to support this actual BB store but... it's horrible) and it looks identical to the copy I got when it first came out - same sticker and everything. It may be a perpetual mystery.

I also wondered the same things about the colored reissues of Paul's Boutique, Ill Communication, and To The 5 Boroughs. They were allegedly "limited," were for sale on the site for a while, sold out, and then magically came back. I wonder if they just made more or if their inventory system is as bad as their customer service.

I also wonder if the distribution of Root Down colors ever evened out from the 94% orange, 2% red, 2% blue, 2% green distribution it appeared to have.

Doing a lot of wondering....
The collector in me is a little miffed about all the coloured re-issues and just the general re-issues as of late. Especially the Root Down and In Sound and some Old Bullshit ones.

Although, I'm not really in it for the money, I wonder if the all these reissues drive down the value of the OG pressings.

It took me years to get my og copies of Root Down Blue vinyl, In Sound Gold and Some Old Bullshit 10"
I guess I can sleep easy knowing that my numbered In Sound is a numbered release, but the Root Down blue vinyl doesn't feel that rare to me anymore.

At the end of the day you gotta collect for what makes you happy and not for the money or the prestige. And for me the hunt is probably the most thrilling part. But I would be lying if I said that all these re-issues didn't annoy me just a little bit.