View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 PM
dnt ply n gm tht i cnt wn

Default Re: Chappelle's Show Unreleased Performance 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence7 View Post
I can tell you (and prove) Viacom lurked these boards for days after MCA died. They yanked one of my Beastie videos, now I'm on lockdown with YouTube. No more long concert videos from me for the time being. 15 minute limit now..

And yet thousands of MTV clips remain on YouTube.
I BELIEVE YOU!

I am so glad I'm not being paranoid!

My entire channel got shut down in the "week after".

Videos that I'd uploaded AGES ago; no copyright problems whatsoever. They had, like, 56 views. Which was probably three views from me, you, and Jo; and about 53 from Khloe.

All of a sudden I got tens of thousands of views in the days after he died; because people put the links here, and on Twitter and in news articles and stuff.

And YouTube abruptly deleted my entire channel.

They hit you with the 15-min limit? That sucks.

Some of my channels don't have the limit; so let me know if I can help. Or nutri871 will. One of her channels has managed to avoid the limit. I know she won't mind me offering on her behalf.

Seriously. Goddamn YouTube. I got so fed up with battling them that I've put some on Vimeo. (Futurama, etc. That sort of stuff. You know?) I'm sick of it. DAMN YOU, RUPERT!

If I felt we were ripping the Beasties off; I wouldn't do it. But we're not! If anything, the concerts you upload are just ADDING members to their fan base, because people who never got to see them live can at least watch all the amazing stuff you've managed to collect.

Thanks for all the hard work you do. Hang in there.