View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Dave Grohl and Greg Kurstin cover The Beastie Boys’ ‘Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post
When they did the anthology booklet in 99 (or whenever) I swear Ad-Rock told a story about paparazzi at River Phoenix's funeral and punching him out. And the song was at least in part about those feelings. But maybe I'm insane, or maybe he was joking about teh Mario thing?

My booklet is in storage somewhere. Somebody help me out, please.
none of that is in the Anthology booklet. in it is Adrock talking about how it was the first and last song they worked on for the album. a guy named Chris that ran Tin Pan Alley that heard them working on the song. Yauch was playing the fuzz bass part and Chris ran in and said “This is the shit, this shit rocks” and they named it Chris Rock after him. he said afterwards he did the vocals on a 8-track at Mario’s house.

from the Beastie Book, Adrock said "I decided that it'll be funny to write a song about how Mario was holding us all down, how he was trying to mess it all up, sabotaging our great works of art," "So one night I went to Mario's house, and he recorded me screaming words into a microphone over that track, all about some mysterious thorn in my side. The ubiquitous biters and the haters."