View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:54 PM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

I checked out another messageboard I go to to see if anyone had anything to say over there, and sure enough, there was a thread titled "Adam Yauch died". Now, I expected the worse, since a lot of the posters on that site are pretty prickish towards, well, everything. They've cracked jokes and shitted on celebrity deaths before, so I cringed when I clicked the thread, expecting to see a bunch of jokes and mocking over his death.

Yet, instead, what I found was genuine sadness. These are guys who don't put their smart ass guard down for anything or anyone...yet, they were feeling depressed. Even if all they wrote was "That sucks." or just put up a "", it was still more than I expected from them. Even those who weren't actually fans paid their respects, since they know of the Beastie Boys' impact on music.

This really showed me just how much the band meant to people. Seeing all of the different types of people post something revealing their fandom proves that the band has a wide and diverse fanbase. It's not just white people, black people, spanish people, fucking EVERYONE could get into them. That's not something every band can say they can do. People were sad. Legit sad over this.

Except for one guy that wrote "I don't give a shit about Adam Yauch." But he's a douchebag anyway, so fuck him.

We Love You MCA!