View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:58 AM

Arrow Re: Desperado : Tougher Than Leather Mix recreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO MASTER View Post
but as a i recall, i bought it from you on EBAY. I paid somethin like $70 for it. i know you said others sold it ebay and you were mad at them but you did the same thing yourself. I didnt sell it on ebay, i merely resold it on the old beastie ng for a mere $7 a pop, to cover the cost of the cassette and s&h.
That's partially correct but it's got the Kenny Temprano judge judy spin on it.

The way the whole thing went down is that I sold a sealed mint copy of MCA and Burzootie on eBay and I threw in a mixtape called "Theories of the Boom Bip" as a freebee. That tape had Deperado on the b-side along with some other rare tracks. Importantly, I previously sold a handful of sealed MCA and Burzootie 12s without the tape and the LEAST I got was $60. Anyway, naively, I threw in the tape thinking if somebody is THAT into the Beasties it would be cool to throw a DJ mix with some rare tracks in. I assumed that anybody even looking for that record would be a huge fan and that's exactly who I was trying to get the rarer tracks to.

Now, had you just bought that record and bootlegged the joint I couldn't complain. It was dumb of me to assume some happy fan would who bought the record would be like "cool tape" and not start up the bootlegging press. BUT HERE'S THE THING, you and I e-mailed about the whole situation. I told you where it came from, that the source was cool with trading it amongst fans but didn't want it sold outright or up on Napster and you said "it is very interesting that you have asked me to keep this to myself. i will. i assure you." Then you immediately put it on eBay and started selling it outright for profit.

None of the other 10 or so people from the boards (Dustin, Princess G, etc.) who I mailed the track to tried to sell it. Anybody who offered to buy the track from me got denied and I was trading it with the hardcore fans for stuff like DJ mixes and other unreleased demos.

The thing is, luckily, that whole poisonous bootleg environment is pretty much dead now, which is maybe one more reason to youtube the possie in effect thing. Anyway, I guess it's my fault more than Kenny's. I mean, seriously, when you take the word of guy who goes by "gwedo king", that's on you, right?