View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Desperado : Tougher Than Leather Mix recreation

Hey guys apologies, I did not mean to start a finger pointing parade. Regardless of who made what off it in the past, personally I'm grateful it got out. Because it might be the only copy that even exists anymore. It's quite possible that if you had not done the leg work and got that copy that I and millions of others would still to this day only have heard that bit from the Tougher Than Leather movie.

Honestly I think it's kind crazy to think that the dude who gave/sold it to you originally did not do the same with anyone else...but in the end... Who cares? What's done is done, and if you are the reason why I got to hear a full version of that song? Personally I thank you for it. I could care less about the posse in effect track honestly. Desperado is what I was and am still interested in hearing a better version. But any version at all at one point was an incredible find and again if it indeed was because of you...thank you very much. How often does one get to thank some one else for something like that? Again If it was because of you I really am grateful. As all these other fucks are.

So ANYWAY....

Anybody got the remix skills to create something close to the tougher than leather version?

First off, the missing pieces broken down. Is that actually Clint Eastwoods voice being sampled saying desperado? I can't quite make it out. Also the "woah woah woah" background vocals. Is that the exact same as the ones used in posse in effect? Just sped up a bit? Then the Good and The Bad and The Ugly theme. It has this scratching on it that is very Rick Rubin Time To Get I'll sounding. Does anyone know how to do that? That scratch sound is like no other, it's so bad ass. It's why I love
Paul Revere so much.

Sorry to beat dead horse on this, but the conversation was getting way of course. I'm an idiot when it come to creating music, I guess I'm wondering If anyone knows if it's even a possible feat?

Last edited by matttpotter : 03-09-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Typo