View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Default Re: Ricky Powell Documentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Goetz View Post
I don't know the details behind the falling out between Ricky and the Beastie Boys, but since it seems to have started around the time the Boys started living on Serious Island 24/7 (1998ish), I imagine it has something to do with them being sick of his shit and him being like WTF happened to the fun? Too bad they didn't patch things up by the time Yauch passed away.

Let me post what I know or heard I should say. Don't hold me to any of this. Just passing on what I was told. I was told that he talked serious shit about Yauch, even while he was sick with cancer. Said he didn’t even care if he died. Their falling out supposedly over photos Yauch didn’t want to see the light of day. Can I confirm this as fact? NO!! But this is just what I was told by somebody who I know spent a lot of time with old Ricky last year. I don’t talk to her anymore so I don’t feel obligated to keep the information private. She could have exaggerated and could have been high when she told me that crap so maybe it was all lies. She's crazy anyway which is why I stopped talking to her. But we were really cool when she told me so....

That said. He did play an essential role to their career and he’s talented. I saw that he tributed Yauch after he died so maybe he feels bad, maybe he didn’t think he’d actually die.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews