View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 01:44 PM
rebel in black

Default Re: Lots of rare items for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
In due time... I'm seeing hipsters in the city pay $20 for freaking mix-tapes these days. I never would have thought that cassettes would make a come-back, but they are. I think cassettes might be where vinyl was in the late 90s/early 2000s (i.e. just starting to make a popular come-back). So I wouldn't doubt if the PB cassette lot sells for a pretty penny.
Cassettes have been a big thing for arty hipsters here in Stockholm. My friend's son has several bands and sound projects and on most of them their music is released on vinyl or cassette only. Another acquaintance has a coffee shop/record store where he sells loads of tapes and the weirdest music you can find. (I've bought LP's of Turkish psychedelia and Captain Beefheart, Cramps and Iggy bootleg videos and he has film screenings of all kinds of weird stuff (last month I saw a movie by Bee Gees done in the 70's, Monkees story, Detroit r'n'r venue docu and some weird Swedish shit) and live bands every now and then and art expo's as well... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
There is a dude on facebook who took rips from the Paul's Boutique Show Vinyl, cleaned them up, had somebody do some cool artwork for them, and then produced 20 cassettes (all unique and professionally manufactured), then gave away copies refusing to accept payment. Old School Gratitude, and love for the Beastie Boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
collect experiences? explain.
I usually collect more experiences as well. I saw the Beasties about 20 times, every time they were in Stockholm (which wasn't that many), followed one UK tour, one European festival tour and the gala tour, a few gigs around Europe. All those gigs are treasured memories, I remember things from each one of them. Met loads of board people on the last tour and during the UK tour had a chance to meet the band several times, and I still have the olive pit Yauch spat down the stairs backstage in Belfast....

As I've always been listening to vinyl (must've been the last gal in town to get a cd-player) I have quite a bundle of vinyls, but alas, I've never had a well payed job I do not have any real rarities (and I always liked to spend my money rather on travelling), but there is one white 12" that I still want (and Country Mike, black or red). Also I'm extremely happy that someone from this board sent me the dices from MTV2 gig in Las Vegas!

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall