View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 08:23 PM
crazy sniffable

Default Re: What drugs did the Boys do?

i was taken aback by how forthcoming they were about the night they all tried crack together, during the PB days. can't exactly remember where that recollection surfaced from, but fairly certain it was directly from the band. in fact, the photo where Yauch is standing on the back of the console at Ocean Way(?) is cited as that very night. pretty sure Mario referenced that experience too in the RedBull interview, though some crafty editing sidestepped the exact implication. both accounts conclude that they were not very into it though.

i also remember the French liner notes from 'The In Sound' referring to them as glue-sniffers, which I always thought was simply a case of lazy translation. however, in an interview on B Real's Smokebox podcast, Eric Bobo recalls his times with the group and says some shit like, "those dudes introduced me to mushrooms, yeah, but I wasn't into sniffin' glue". not a direct quote, mind you, but that was the gist.

speaking of Bobo, have we ever pinpointed exactly who Mitchell was in reference to in the autobiography?

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...