Thread: ARTS THREAD
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Papillon butinant

Default Re: ARTS THREAD

[quote=Communist Rev.9]
Quote:
I am split on whether or not I actually like the doll piece and how it came out. You need to definitely be there for the whole effect. There is supposed to be cow kidney and heart inside the the far right doll. There is supposed to be mushed up red dyed hot dogs inside the the legs of the far left doll (the one in the closeup) and you can see it hanging due to the feet cut off.

So, I'm not sure I even like it.
Well, what did you wanted to transmitted with this piece, what message you wanted to vehiculated? TO tell you the truth , this piece is not visually attractive. I like art that is attractive at some extent and reflect something positive. Yea maybe you are too much negative in your approach to art and that is why i cannot related to it! Or maybe it lack some kind of soul in it, i dunno and for shure colors, you should put more colors , just saying!

Quote:
The white thing is actually a piece of metal with 20+ hours spent banging the thing over and over with a rusted chain with a padlock and combination lock on it. The padlock broke and the combination lock soon followed. The chain eventually snapped in two before finishing it. Ideally it was going to be 40 hours, but it just got too tedious for me.
BUt why would you spend that amount of time banging on something? TO relieve tension? And what does it represent to you? YOu just like the look of the metal being bang up? What is the idea, concept of it?

All i want to say is that I love trees.