View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Blue Dog Democrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by saz View Post
ah no, they're not all over the place. they clearly demonstrate that throughout this decade, a consistent majority of americans want public health insurance, and are willing to pay higher taxes if necessary. and you're citing a b.s. right-wing myth. with public health insurance, i can see any doctor of my choosing.
The results vary with the questions. And a poll asking whether you support higher taxes to guarantee health care for everyone is meaningless. Who is paying the taxes, and how much are they paying? I think that people hearing those questions think in terms of what Obama has promised -- RICH people are going to pay more taxes to pay for it. He swore up and down that middle class people would not pay higher taxes. Ask them if they would personally pay 10% higher taxes and see what happens.

I'm curious? You can see any doctor you want in your country? How do they stop everyone from wanting to see the same doctor? Do they force all doctors to take patients in the public health system? To take every patient who wants to see them? That's so different from what my family members in the UK experienced.