View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Peace & Love

Default Re: Romneys Former Bain Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by valvano View Post
I assume you have the same vile and hatred for Steve Jobs, who created billions out his garage?

Of course, this guy could have sat on his ass and relied on some govt program to guide him through life and be one of the 49% who currently pay no fed income taxes i.e. leeches.

But seriously, who are you to say that how much money somebody has is obscene? As long as they made it legally, who cares? Isnt that what makes America great?
I'm relaying an article in a newspaper, when did I mention hatred or vile? When did I begrudge his money? He is promoting a book with justifications for his wealth and ability to invest. I disagree with his justifications and his economic outlook.

Steve Jobs had a product, he actually sold something to people when he took their money. A physical product that enhanced the purchasers life.

If you read and comprehend what Conard is saying, it's obvious he's a prick. At one point in the article he states;

During one conversation, he expressed anger over the praise that Warren Buffett has received for pledging billions of his fortune to charity. It was no sacrifice, Conard argued; Buffett still has plenty left over to lead his normal quality of life. By taking billions out of productive investment, he was depriving the middle class of the potential of its 20-to-1 benefits. If anyone was sacrificing, it was those people. “Quit taking a victory lap,” he said, referring to Buffett. “That money was for the middle class.”

Really? That is supposed to be sound logic? Trashing billionaires who have charity?

So we gave these guys $1Trillion in tax cuts. Where's the $20Trillion in improvements in the economy?

As one of the top commentors replied,

Good god, Conard. You do realize that in order for businesses to exist, consumers must be capable of *purchasing* goods and services, don't you? Do you (and by "you" I mean your staff) buy more groceries than you and your family can personally consume? How many washers or cars have your purchased in the last 10 years? I don't care if it's 50. A strong middle class can buy millions more. You're no more a "job creator" than Ebenezer Scrooge, himself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]