View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 06:45 PM
The name Praying Mantis

Default Wembley Review - Sort of!

Well What A Night!

The show was awsome but i will leave the full reviews to someone else, just have a little story to tell.

Arrived at the arena around 3.45pm...damn, i was not the first person there! Met up with Damaja (a nice guy hides behind that notorious online persona!), then Timmie turned up followed shortly by Sophie...PaddyBoy and others. Just before 6 James B and Cey Adams turned up to do the video shoutouts, gotta say BIG thanks and respect to both those guys for what they did for us...basically we got our shoutouts on the screen, timmie and i appeared at least twice! Even better than that though, after Cey heard Timmies missus and friend only had seated tix (we all had standing) he disappeared for a few mins, only to return with enough VIP backstage passes for our group.
We ended up watching Talib then the BBoys from the left side of the stage next to the band dressing rooms! We all met Alfredo, Mix Master Mike, watched the boys playing basketball, saw mca's wife and daughter, Timmie spoke to mca before he went on stage...the list goes on.

Bar my wedding this weekend, this has been the best night of my life.
Thanks again to everyone involved, crew, band, wembley staff and all the board members that I got to meet - what decent people they all are.
Final shoutout to Shazam_21 who arrived to late, nice to meet you sorry you weren't backstage.

Pete