View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 AM
Current Member

Default Re: Last Yauch Public Appearance / Photo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sternmd View Post
Does anyone know the last public event that Yauch was at?

There are pictures from a couple of film events around March 2011 (ie Jackass 3D premiere) http://beastieboysgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=349

And there are reports that he appeared at Occupy Wall Street's march across the Brooklyn Bridge in November 2011 (but no pictures i have found) https://twitter.com/#!/OccupyWallSt/...70760757608450

Any other fan or press sightings or photos of MCA after March 2011?

Just curious that's all.

As an aside, like all of us, I am still so sad at the loss of MCA. Fan since 1986. Saw them live 3 times including epic show at Nassau Coliseum in May 1995.

We all knew that Yauch was quite ill and a few on this board had reported sightings of him in NYC walking with a cane (so sad) over the past year. The saddest new was the quote from his mom that his deterioration over the past month of his life was all so sudden.

As a doctor myself (although not an expert in head and neck cancers), I have to imagine that the type and stage of parotid cancer he had was particularly aggressive and so rare.

Lymph involvement at diagnosis was not a good sign - even way back in 2009. The beard he grew implied that he had a neck lymph node dissection in addition to the original surgery he had to remove the tumor.

Anyway - thank you for this great board and keeping MCA's memory alive. Sorry for the rambling post.

Rest in Power MCA
Welcome, and don't apologise.

While it's a little morbid, I too have been trying to piece it together in my head. So far a number of posters have claimed that certain shots are all from March 2011.

I always thought the Spike Jonze photo was in May 2011, and the Rashida group shot with the cowboy hat (Michelle Williams is in one?) came after that one; both being after the release of HSC2?

And so the Jackass premier may have been around the time the final edits for FFYRR were done and the album was about to launch.

The difference between these two periods is startling, and yeah in hindsight point to some heavy, troubling shit.

So sad, to think of what he must have gone through. And by all accounts he faced it bravely and with hope.

Shout at the Devil!