View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 AM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Genius Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post
stop with the semantics.

monkeys vs chimps, goose vs. swans, that's not the fucking argument.

and yes, i believe it was a direct reference to "monkey at a typewriter" not the entire theorem.

again, congress wrote the stimulus package, not Obama.

Dorothy, it's political cartoon satire, it's supposed to be controversial. The author is implying a monkey could have written the stimulus bill.

a monkey got shot and is in current events, he linked the two. did you see the "Beware of Dog" sign in the cartoon and in the photo of the crime scene in which a domesticated pet monkey was given Xanax, stabbed and shot by police?

Al Sharpton linked it to Obama. And the crowd went wild.

I didn't say the monkey thing was racist. I'm just saying I can see how people would take it as such. especially considering that other comic I put up, which is very clearly racist.

I'm actually more offended by the mocking of the chimp thing. it's a really sad story that has nothing to do with politics, and I don't get the connection or think it's even remotely clever...or even a joke for that matter.

altogether, the guy just comes off as an unfunny jerk. I'm not up in arms about this comic, I'm a little surprised and upset that the artist's been able to keep a job at a newspaper considering the homophobic and racist content of much of his work.

and I will not stop with the semantics, I like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.