View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 06:42 AM
technically insane

Default Re: Life without the Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uru-Nitro View Post
Every time I listen the first chords of the song #14, Song for Junior, a huge feeling of nostalgia grows in me. Not necessary in the bad way, but I just "see" myself listening to that particular song with 14 y.o. in a quiet spring night, watching the city lights, and I can describe exactly the feelings that I was feeling in that moment.
Other songs bring me back to past eras, but few songs bring me back to very specific moments. I love those songs, and Hello Nasty has many of them for me. I think it's a musical masterpiece, probably one of the last albums ever made. And by album I mean a whole artistic concept: musical coherence in all songs, the transitions between songs, the packaging and the overall spaceship concept... On the digital era we only have great songs, but no great albums, in my opinion.
Well for the past 15 days, I have started on track 14 and at the dedication back to track 14. probably the past 20 days. I cant quit right now.

so 14 is undeniable, Then I have been on some I Dont Know addiction and the others have just became daily new favorites here and there.

Not sure I could put up with such a limited number of tracks but 14 starts the set off so strong and evry little detail is so fucking nice ... or I have some type of limiting sickness....

earl@fuckyoumyman.com