Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Peace & Love

Default Re: Breaking Bad

I do have a larger concern with this show outside of the technical cooking elements.

The story arc of Walter White and his complete change to ruthlessness as a criminal. Perhaps I should look to Mike for guidance, he seems to understand Walt the best as a "Time Bomb". The scene last week where Walt was home with the family doing family stuff while scenes of Scarface interspersed the conversation lost me. It seemed like a lesser Lefty (Al Pacino's other character) from Donnie Brasco, who loved wild kingdom shows.

Maybe it's a parody of a parody I'm just getting now as I post.

Walter never has books around, he does no research online, he isn't in libraries and seemingly has no hobbies outside of cooking Meth. That is the weirdest epiphany to have to a seemingly normal guy diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. Especially after several high stress deadly failures that almost landed them in prison/graveyards.

Walter and Jesse are happiest cooking, much more happy cooking than being in relationships with family. The purity of science, chemistry and technology is their reliable bitch in a world that's messy. In the lab and in control.

Perhaps the Mike relationship will work. They do what they do, Mike will deal with distribution.

Or maybe, in the end the cockroaches will destroy Walter White!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Last edited by yeahwho : 08-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.