View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 06:54 PM
space cake cookie

Default Re: Never saw the Beasties do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Cheese View Post
I don’t however subscribe to the thought of ‘95 being a different time as an excuse...
2 cents.

i do subscribe to the thought of different time/different place. better perhaps in some regard, less so in others. i said bad bad things to a lot of people, i rapped along to NWA loud, i quoted chappelle's rick james skit many a time "they gave you ... too much money". today...nope unless alone in my car and nobody next to me at a stoplight. this is part of the reason newish hip hop doesn't appeal to me. not because the bars and beats aren't sometimes better, the word just got harder to rock with the older i get. anyway i def think there's something to different time/different place. having said that, people are so god damned sensitive nowadays i'm just tired of the judging/cancelling for shit that was said 20 years ago. it's gone too far & i'm prob the most liberal leaning person i personally know. it was said, hopefully you learned something and matured and that's it...keep movin'.

i mean how we ever going to get Desperado if things like this are scrutinized....big picture my friends.

thank you adam adam & mike

Last edited by dust monkey : 12-09-2020 at 06:58 PM.