View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 01:21 PM
space cake cookie

Default Re: Pitchfork review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
off topic but i'm a lifelong Star Wars fan and i thought Rise of Skywalker was straight up trash. it's the first Star Wars movie ever where i walked out of the theater disappointed. and believe me, i love my Star Wars. i was even ok with the prequels. when i watched those in the theater years back, i walked out happy and entertained. to be honest, i'm pretty ok with what Disney has been doing with the new movies (including Solo) but this new one. woof. for a movie that was supposed to end the saga it felt pretty hollow, rushed and dumb. i'm so bummed about it, i haven't even picked up the blu-ray yet. and i always snap them up the first day they drop. i feel like Hornblower wouldn't be taking credit for coming up with the ideas for that monstrosity. rant over lol.
damn mic that's too bad especially if life long like me i suppose. i don't disagree with the hollow rushed and dumb comments but still. and i haven't watched it either since it was released digital so maybe that says something cause i was really into both of those releases. i will add this which prob lead to me at least walking out with a smile that day. my daughter is 14 now and she's been my SW bud especially starting with the FA so this was kinda the end of the that journey cause she does her best to hide the SW fandom being a freshman, kids, etc.. she was in tears the last 30 min so for me, the emotional conclusion came from sitting next to her and seeing what it meant to her.

anyway off topic but that is something i'll never forget. hopefully both the daughters the wife and me all cry tonight when we all watch the Bboy movie together...now that will be something really special.

thank you adam adam & mike