View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Let the Record Show Ep. 30: DJ Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
my point is, if they don’t care then why do you? it’s really none of our business. the only bad look i see here is a bunch of fans gossiping and speculating on shit that doesn’t pertain to them. Cey wasn’t mentioned in the book at all and he was Adam’s childhood friend. he still went to a bunch of the shows on the book tour. he looked extremely happy to be there. there has to be better stuff for us fans to talk about instead of worrying about who did and didn’t get mentioned in their book and jump to conclusions. we don't know how much Adam and Mike wrote that didn't make into the book. we don't know what the editors thought they should cut out to make room for funnier stories. i'm sure they had to cap it off at some point. who know? who cares? the book was great.

as for Hurra. dude had a family and kids to support. i doubt touring every couple of years was enough to support them on a tour dj salary. he had to do for himself. business not personal, no hard feelings.

and i'm just stating my opinion here for the record. i'm not trying to tell you guys what to talk about. it's just weird for me as a grown man to be gossiping about other grown mens personal business. i choose to celebrate the band and all those that were involved instead of getting into the weeds on shit i don't know or want to know about.
Well I'm pretty sure I don't really care about who was in the book or not because I haven't even seen a copy of it yet. I'm sure I will at some point but I just haven't gotten around to it. But that Cane interview was just interesting to me cause this is the first time I saw it, and what I had heard before was that they basically got MMM to do scratches on the recordings, and then be their tour dj, cause they were wanting some next level shit. And kind of just let Cane go, like, "thanks for everything but we decided to make a change and go with this other guy." But the way he tells it he made the decision himself to leave because he felt like he wasn't paid enough. That was something I'd never heard before. Two different stories. And yeah maybe the touring wasn't consistent work, but I would think he must have been raking it in when they were on tour. That's a job I would never give up personally.