View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Beastiemixes.com Halloween Remix Contest

good looking out Silence. These contests must be a bit of work to keep track of everyone's entries and make sure nothing gets wacked. Cheers!

Slightly OT, but this got me to thinking about a project I did a long time ago. Basically I had a bunch of artists from mp3.com upload their songs, and then I'd stuff them into a playlist of sorts. Then when folks visited the site I had built, they got to listen to the "radio"(shoutcast). Each time a new song came on, while it was playing the visitor could vote, simply "hot" or "not". Then I kept a chart of who had the highest average.

What was even cooler was that you (as a visitor) had to listen to what was being played. The original artist (or friends of) couldn't just show up and vote for their track without hearing at least a few other tracks. To emphasize that... their friends couldn't help but vote "hot" for a few tracks they heard while waiting for the "gimme" vote. The playlist was of course randomized every day so they didn't know what time their track was going to be on.

I guess it's not really a contest, but as a remixer it'd be cool to say your track was in the top-10 over at beastiemixes.com for the past two weeks or whatever.

Anyway, I thought it'd be cool if we did something like that. Just chuckin' it out there. Silence, I know we kinda talked about it a bit a week or so ago. I can build the radio/voting front-end and back-end if needed. I work full-time as I'm sure you do but I'm willing to work on it if there's any interest at all.

Ok. Back to what you all were doing. Sorry for going off topic.

psx

All my shizzle ** My bboys remixes** myspace