View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 09:14 AM

Default Re: In a World Gone Mad vinyl release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
I checked my copy, I wouldn't say it is as thick as 180g vinyl but it's not a completely thin cheap bootleg either.
Mine did not come with the sticker but is in a plain white sleeve. I think I bought it of discogs.

The dead wax has the etchings:

Side A:
INAWORLDGONEMAD A RML KEEP THE HOT DISC "HOT" Herbie Jr (smiley face)

Side B:
INAWORLDGONEMAD B RML Herbie Jr. (smiley face) "IT'S PUMPED"

I'm not sure if bootlegs would also copy the inscriptions on runout grooves, can anyone confirm if that is usual practice?

I would love to think that it's limited to 200 copies but I see way too many copies online to think that it could be that rare.
Bootlegs often have etchings, but from my experience, they are often incorrect or they don't even attempt to mimic the original. If you look on BeastieMania at the bootlegs section, the most common consistent difference between bootlegs and originals is the etchings. I think that's because you need to actually etch these (usually by hand) into the plates to press the records.

I'm not sure we'll even know since even the guy at Parlophone who distributed these in the UK doesn't know, but the "limited to 200" figure could just be for the UK Parlophone release. These were likely sent to other markets as well, therefore meaning there were way more than 200. This seems like an odd record to bootleg since it's not worth much, wasn't popular, and can't command much money in secondary sales.