View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Beastie Boys Music

I don't think so, just based off of interviews I've seen with Adrock since he and Mike started doing media stuff again after Yauch's passing. He keeps referencing a vault of "crap" that they have to "figure out what to do with." I have a theory that this "vault" is like a library... if you will...

There is a massive subterranean cache of government publications, city directories, and sewer plans. Millions and millions of pages, but no one probably wants to actually see them (because they're super boring).

Then you have the stuff that's above ground, but way in the back by those old wooden one-arm-bandit desks that got shoved back there in the 80s. They're real books, but they've probably been replaced by like 8 new editions by now, so no one really has any reason to read them.

Then there are the main stacks when you walk in. These are some solid reads, but again, ask a librarian to pick out the "best 20." They're probably all a 7 out of 10, and there's a lot of them.

Then there's that little wooden book-case at the front. "Staff Picks." Pure fire.

My theory is that Mike and Adam each have a list of songs that they thought "I always liked that one," but that never made an album. That's probably the main stacks, and now they're making their staff picks.

I also don't know what I'm talking about so there's that.