View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered Voter

Default Re: So.. who are you remixers anyway?

Music has been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember, and I've been active musically since I first started taking saxophone lessons in the third grade (circa 1981.) I loved the Beasties when LTI came out, but I grew tired of the album within about a year. Then came along PB...and I've never abandoned the Boys since! I've been remixing the B-Boys for a couple of years now.

Problem: I've typically uploaded my music to ACIDplanet and SoundClick, but there are some serious drawbacks to each. I like the way AP pages and songs are organized, and the fact that high bit rate files are allowed. However, not only does one have to register to download mp3's, but they are not directly linkable: major drawback! SC, on the other hand, only allows 128k mp3's, but you can link to them directly. However, I've realized that they periodically change the link addresses. So, nearly all of the links I've posted on this board are now dead links.

Solution: I now have almost all of my music (original & remixes) hosted on my own domain. There are over 50 192kbps mp3's posted, and d/l rates range from 400-500KB/s, maybe faster if you use a download manager (depending on your connection, of course.)

Phosphoros

Last edited by Phosphoros : 02-27-2006 at 01:12 PM.