Thread: The Vault Index
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 09:26 AM

Default Re: The Vault Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Monk View Post
I think you pretty much proved my point there. I don't think the BBoys previously stated idea of a 2 part album involved releasing the same material twice. Maybe it would be better for you to say "Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 Version 1 exists"
Hot Sauce Committee Part 1 exists. It had cover art, it was played to music journalists to review, given to artists to listen to remix (Diplo, Z-Trip, Switch, etc), they were ready to tour, and had a planned release date of September 15, 2009.

The original plan was to release the album in two parts. Then the plan changed when Yauch got sick and they delayed release date. Later they decided to have Philippe Zdar remix the songs from Part 1 and call it Part 2.

My point is there is a version of Part 1 that exists without the mix of Zdar. It's real and living on people's hard drives. It might be the same songs, but it sounds sonically different.

Why hasn't it been leaked? Maybe the few people that have it haven't shared it out of respect for Yauch? I'm sure the Dust Brothers and Mario C are holding onto Beastie treasures as well. The band disbanded tragically. No one wants to be "that guy" and leak their music without permission just to be selfish.

My two cents.