Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Monkey News

Default Re: Breaking Bad

when it becomes absurd while still trying to be taken seriously is the problem. I just find it to be very lazy when a writer is obviously creating and adjusting the universe to suit the story's plotline rather than creating the universe as an unbending part of the problem.

I love fiction especially science fiction. most of my favorite movies are science fiction. but in most cases those movies have rules that (for the most part) are based on reality.

fantasy can be great too, as long as it's not trying to be taken too seriously and there's some boundaries.

Jurassic Park vs Lord of the Rings. the dinosaurs weren't created by magic. someone didn't stumble upon this dino island that no one seemed to have noticed. they didn't escaped because of magic or flexible laws of physics and nature that the writer threw in just so they could have an escape or succeed. you see what im trying to say?

then there's things that are pure fantasy that I do enjoy. the green mile. I love the fucking movie. but just that one character is unreal and everyone within the story looks at him with wonderment just as the viewer is expected to. they don't look at him all like... oh we've got another one of these children from god healing people again. they're questioning reality and the unkown just as I would.