Thread: ARTS THREAD
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Peace & Love

Default Re: ARTS THREAD

Here are a few paintings I've snagged while hanging out at all night parties usually reserved for artists only but I was able to crash the parties because one of my friends is a buyer of local artists, he felt the best time to buy was direct at the artists house around 3:00 AM when everyone is feeling nothing... and he was right. There was a time about 10 years ago we obsessed, actually went overboard in the local art scene here in Seattle, bringing in customers who were willing to pay premium dollars after actually hanging around these maniacs and seeing the heart, will, determination put forth into the art itself.

Here are a few I've snagged throughout the years,

The actual art and style is very cool, I have 40 other local artists in my house right now, the value of which is much greater than the paintings I purchased while hanging out with this group of folks for a few years on a first name basis. They all are freaks, they all are hungry and they all used to call me daily... looking for buyers, I did supply them with some folks and all in all had a great time. Joe Reno who painted the Iris is a maniac, he did an oil portrait of me over two nights and let me have it for free, cool. The dude who painted the cats, he's making a wonderful living selling paintings now for anywhere $20,000 and up. Alfredo Arreguin is his name, highly respected on the west coast and Mexico.

My favorite though are the John Jay Steensma's he has soul and an amazing talent. He painted the last supper on his living room wall in a small cottage here in Seattle down by Greenlake that is mindblowing, absolutely gallery level, as have been his fish on paper bags.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Last edited by yeahwho : 12-01-2008 at 07:52 AM.