Thread: New Hip Hop!!
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 07:10 AM
Smart

Arrow Re: New Hip Hop!!

New A$AP album is pretty decent. The two album closers Everyday (dat Rod Stewart sample) and Back Home (with mighty Mos) are the highlights for me- looks like they wanted the LP to end on a strong note.

Alchemist's new beat tape Israeli Salad is super nice too. Inspired by a trip to Israel 4 years ago and only just surfacing now, it's an atmospheric, polished reminder that Alchemist is one of the greatest to ever produce hip-hop music.

If you haven't already, listen to the Badbadnotgood x Ghostface album Sour Soul. I went to see them perform live together a couple weeks ago and Ghost fits the lounge band leader, blues/jazz frontman role perfectly. The Canadian band backed him exxcellently on a trip through his whole back catalogue and even tackled tracks like Shimmy Shimmy Ya, Kick In The Door and The World Is Yours while Ghost did his best NYC greats karaoke.

Although it came out the same time as Mr Wonderful, Earl's new album got totally slept on here. Thought I should mention it as he is one of, if not the greatest poetic lyricist in hip-hop right now.

I'm going off, getting paid and I don't ask why