Thread: biking
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 06:27 PM
good reactions, etc?

Default Re: biking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBerglar View Post
I can't even imagine biking through boston. it's treacherous just on foot.

Eventually you develop this sixth sense of the cars around you. kinda just know what they're about to do before they actually do it. be very weary of young women drivers. not cautious at all. young men drivers are reckless but they at least notice you.
Yeah the idea of it freaked me out for the longest time and I never would've imagined myself doing it, but something changed one day and now I'm giving it a try. mostly i'm just tired of the T

I'm still really careful about which roads I go down, some are better than others. And I'm still a coward that hops off the bike and crosses on foot at some of the hairer intersections. But if you plan it out in advance enough, you can pick a route with long straightaways on roads with bike lanes (such as they are) and you can get where you're going about as fast as you would if you took the T.

It also helps that there are lots of other bikes out there on the road, so usually you can just follow someone who looks like they know what they're doing and now cars are half as likely to not see you