View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:32 PM
I do believe we're naked!

Default Re: Mike D in Visions (it's in German, sorry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friis gal
I know Hundested, it's nice. Smells a bit like fish, but nice
My german is not that good, so could you please translate it?
All right, here's the first bit. I hope it's correct. Otherwise Mike will sue me

V: Mike, how are you today?
M: A little chilly but okay, thanks.
V: And artistically?
M: I try to figure that out at the moment. Today I tried to install the Update of my Music-Software, but I failed. So there’s not much room for art at the moment. I’m frustrated in the first place, artistically…
V: The Beastie Boys are getting 25, soon. Can you believe that?
M: Unbelievable…
V: In 1981 who would have thought about those 3 “Whitebreads” (that’s what he said in German) being the Rolling Stones of Hip Hop 25 years later?
M: We wouldn’t. If you had asked us how long we would stay together in times of “Licensed to ill”, we would probably have answered: “Perhaps a few years”. But grey hair isn’t a good subject.
V: So, it was your idea to make the record label allow only questions about the new album?
M: It’s a good tool, to avoid the unloved questions.
V: Sure. Then tell me: why should anybody buy “Solid Gold Hits”, when you bought the portfolio “The Sounds of Science” only 5 years ago and with only 2 new albums in between?
M: (sniggering) I have no idea.
V: Is that your standard answer for awkward questions?
M: No, I really don’t know. There was this idea of doing a real crème-de-la-crème-record. The previous Best-of record went more inside the band’s concept. This one’s for the dancefloor-hits. For all the people who are not interested in concepts and only want to listen to all the hits and don’t own a single Beastie Boys record. I heard there are such people…
V: Well, that sounds like Christmas-profit-making to me.
M: You got a point there. There’s only one explanation to this: we always wanted to be like Kenny Rogers, Cher, David Hasselhoff, Boz Scagg, people like that. That’s the leaders of the Greatest-Hits-League. We want to be there, too.