View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:32 PM

Default Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

I never told this story here but this seems like a good a time as any. On Oct. 6, 2004 my older brother Chris (who was my motherfucking hero growing up) lost his battle with brain cancer. On Oct. 9 we laid him to rest on Long Island. I had purchased tickets to see the Beasties at the Garden on Oct. 9 months earlier but obviously wasn't going that night so that I could sit with my family. At around 4PM my best friend came by and said "let's go..." and my family urged me to go as they thought it might make me feel better. So, loaded up on xanax and beer my buddy drove to my apartment down in the Village and we took the train up to 34th st.

I still remember getting a chill when we entered the Garden to the sounds of Sure Shot. It's one thing to see a Beasties show but at the GARDEN? It doesn't get better than that. You all know that the crowd was filming a movie that night and I have a souvenir to always remind me of that snap shot. It is hard to watch the movie but I remember dancing in place and feeling so great and so miserable at the same time. It still makes me feel better and I have no regrets attending the show. Chris would have wanted me to carry on with my plans.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I am very sad that Adam is gone. I'm sure that mine is just one of thousands of stories where the band brought joy to their fans even in the toughest of situations. R.I.P. Adam

oh did i mention FUCK CANCER

"MCA, where have you been?"

In our hearts, and he always will be.