View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 12:02 PM
PhD In Parapsychology

Default Re: Record Store Day

I got back a little bit ago, I snagged the last one in the store I went to. I've briefly checked it out, it pretty much seems to be exactly what it says. The book is really nice, if that is the part you are most interested in. It's pretty large too, I was thinking it would be about the size of a DVD case but it's more like a text book. The photos are really cool and their's a nice foreword from Yauch (he just talks about the shoot, nothing about his health or the band). The Blu-Ray is nice, the video looks good and the audio mix of the album and remixes sounds really good. I'm no audiophile but it sounded really nice. As far as it being worth it, that's tough to say. I paid 60 plus tax which is more than I wanted to and more than I think it's worth, but I really wanted the Blu-Ray. The book is really nice and I enjoy it more than I thought I would. If you're on the fence though and you can find one I would say go for it because I called 3 stores and only one of them got any. They got 3 and by the time I got their the other two had sold out. Anyway, that's my take.

"There's more to me then you'll ever know." - Adam Yauch, Hey Ladies