View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 08:51 PM

Default Re: What Else Needs a Reissue?

I totally agree about Aglio e Olio. This being the 25th anniversary... who knows? And yeah, I remember getting the 7" lathe version and being so stoked to hear it, not really knowing much about lathe cut records. Man was I disappointed.

I also thought it could be cool to release a 7" series: one song from each full length album with one b-side off that album even if they couldn't do LTI for licensing reasons (Shadrach / Caught in the Middle of a 3-Way Mix, Pass the Mic / Dub the Mic, Root Down / The Vibes, etc.) Like a mini-anthology that could also be a neat collector's item.

As for your sound quality rankings, I think I agree. I don't have a great ear for that stuff so I really can't tell the difference most of the time. Obviously as new remaster might sound better because it's less beat up than my old copy (talking just about vinyl records here). But the recent purple PB reissue is noticeably better to me. I've listened to it a few times, but just last week I put it on and turned it way up and felt like I was listening to certain songs for the first time.