View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Ronin

Default Re: Blue Dog Democrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoney$ View Post
My mind is 100% open.
That's a crock of shit and you know it. But in the first place, that's not an article, it's an interview, with a well-placed insider in the corporate American insurance system. His arguments against the system your country uses are extremely well-founded in view of his position. Perhaps you should do yourself a favour and read more than the headline, difficult though that might be for you.

Second, the reason you should be for this "nationalization" of health care, which doesn't seem to be at all what the bill before Congress is proposing, is the fact that it would give the many millions of your countrymen who currently have no access to affordable health care a shot at enjoying the same privileges available to most of the rest of the Western world. I can understand why you might not like the Obama administration's proposals as to how to deal with this problem, as they do seem at least somewhat flawed, and not just because of the increase in federal spending they would necessarily entail. But I cannot for the life of me imagine why you would argue in favour of retaining your country's current, wholly inadequate system of health care provision. It sucks. It is terrible.

You can't explain to people this type of mindframe

- AY