Thread: The Vault Index
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 10:11 AM
crazy sniffable

Default Re: The Vault Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
edit: On another note, do you think any of the HSC 2009 editions were actually printed? I'd like to think there are a few promo copies knocking about with the original mix / track-listing, but then I also think something would have surfaced or leaked by now. It remains quite the curio worth owning / hearing for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
My point is there is a version of Part 1 that exists without the mix of Zdar. It's real and living on people's hard drives. It might be the same songs, but it sounds sonically different.
The first version, as previously stated, was the mixdown the beasties had done themselves. If you recall the original mixes of Too Many Rappers, Lee Majors Come Again, and even Pop Your Balloon, they sounded pretty awful by comparison. Lee Majors was a gritty track in general, so that one wasnt as much of an issue either way. While the Zdar mixes aren't necessarily mind-blowing by any means (still prefer Mario's sound), the contrast between the 1st and 2nd mixdown are night and day. I guess its a matter of opinion, but im certainly not dying to hear (what i like to call) the "rough mix" edition.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...