View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Peace & Love

Default Re: Blue Dog Democrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeltz View Post
So far I haven't really seen anything approaching a cogent argument in favour of the current American health care system, which seems to me badly deficient in many ways. Read the transcript or watch the video for an inside look at how for-profit health insurance actually works in the USA. All I can say is that I'm very, very glad not to live under that kind of corporate tyranny. In fact I don't understand why anybody would choose a private corporation, which is accountable to nobody but its investors, over a government-subsidized plan, governments being accountable directly to their citizens and voters.
That link parallels much of what my Mom who worked and retired from a major national insurance company has been saying all along to us kids. This is a business, your health, your families health and our Nations health.

Nothing personal America, it's just a business. When we bailout insurance giant AIG for $80 billion dollars just a few short months after denying underprivileged children a minuscule $5 billion so they could have health insurance, well it's nothing personal America, it's just business.

Fuck that business, I'll take socialized medicine, anything besides this nightmare.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]